Carrot Apple Raisin Muffins
A healthy, kid-friendly, delicious snack!
Write a review
- 2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or you could use honey)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup peeled and finely shredded apple
- 1/2 cup rains
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (whatever milk you choose - I just used plain old 2%)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray or grease muffin tins - if you use muffin liners then spray those too.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together
- In a separate bowl, stir beaten eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla together.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Add carrots, apples, raisins and nuts
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick put in the middle comes out clean.
- This recipe makes either 12 fairly big muffins or 18 regular size ones
Amy's Recipes https://amysrecipes.rocks/